Since the iPhone’s 5th anniversary, I publish the activities on my iPhone as live stream during the second one-year performance. Calls, messages, mails, all welcome!
I, Johannes P Osterhoff, shall do
another one-year performance piece.
The piece is called “iPhone live”
and documents the activities performed
on my mobile phone during this year.
The performance shall start on June 29, 2012
and shall end on June 29, 2013.
I shall not use other mobile phones
during this year.
Each time its home button is pressed an iPhone automatically takes a screenshot
of the current app to display a zooming effect.
For this performance, I installed two programs on my jailbroken iPhone:
1) The first one duplicates each screenshot so that the files cannot be overwritten the next time the app is minimized.
2) The second one uploads these screens automatically to this site and publishes them.
These programs are executed regularly in the background by means of
In the media
- Guardami: sto vivendo online
by Ivan Olita, WIRED Italy, Oct 2012, page 54
- Wider Die Pseudoprivatsphäre
by Pascal Paukner, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Digitalblog, Jul 10, 2012
- Artist Publishes His Life Online Via A Custom iPhone App
by Kevin Holmes, The Creators Project, Jun 29, 2012